Blue Skies

Life is tough and life is hard. Life is full of surprises, twist, and turns, not always in a good way. Life is also full of second chances, wonderful experiences, and blessings. But sometimes when things happen, especially when we feel things are just plain hard, it's easy to overlook the blessings and wonderful things in life. This past year and a half has been a hard one for me. For months I dwelt on the hard things that were happening. Life was overwhelming and I was being drug down and all I saw were the negative things happening. Then one day I realized life was not as dreary and depressing as I thought it was. Slowly, I was shown the blessings that I had received, the many blessings that I had overlooked. Things did not get instantly better, but they did start to improve. It mainly had to do with my attitude. I started looking for the good things in life. I looked for the blue sky among the grey all around. We will always have grey skies that plague us, but the blue sky will always return, will always be there no matter how bad things may seem. The Lord loves us, each of us, so very much. So the next time life gets you down, when it seems like nothing is going right, remember to look up for the blue skies that are there. Just as with this quilt, you can look at it as grey (our trials) mixed with the blue (our blessings), but I prefer to see the blue (our blessings) with a little grey (our trials) mixed in. To me the blue far outweighs the grey. But what would life be if we had no challenges to overcome. We would not grow. We would not progress.



He doesn't just give us blue skies, he also gives us the flowers too. As for those little flowers that are out there, those little blessings, those little moments that bless our life. As adults we see out in the yard those little yellow weeds. But when our little ones see them they see flowers, so pretty they must bring them inside with all the love in their little hearts. Do you see all the blessings in your life? All that the Lord sees fit to bless you with? Last year this time those little yellow flowers were starting to look more like weeds to me. Before the end of the summer they were nothing but weeds, and no one could convince me otherwise. How blessed was the day when I started noticing how nice those little pops of yellow looked in my backyard. And now I know they are flowers. Maybe not the ones I would go to first, but the prettiest to me when brought to me by little hands with so much love. And sometimes, the greatest blessings I could have.
In this quilt you may see the flowers in the blue border first, but among the quilting there are more flowers mixed in with the blocks. They are a little harder to see unless you are looking for them. But when you flip it over to the back, on the plain background, they are easier to see. As in life, when things are going well we can see our blessings so much better. But when life gets crazy and hard, too much chaos happening, we have to look a little harder to see those blessings. 




Remember to look for the blue sky among the grey clouds. If the clouds are hiding the blue sky, give it time. And remember to look. You must look. Always look.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forever Strong

Smallest of Changes

Success Begins with that First Step