Sunshine

There are those people we meet that are always happy, that always see the cup half full instead of half empty. I call them Sunshine Friends. They always make you feel better.
The world we live in can be wonderful, and it also can be hard. Trials can break us down if we let them. But we are stronger than our hardest and most trying trial. If we put our trust in the Lord, and seek His help, we can make it through because we have been promised 'I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me' Philippians 4:13. The key here is with His help. Not on our own, but with the power from above, that can get us through anything thrown our way.



I love black and white quilts. When I started putting this one together, thoughts started running through my mind. I had the middle finished but I knew it needed a little something. Something more than just a border. It needed a pop of color. The black and white reminded me of the world in which we live in today. The black, the sad and hard times, the white, the good and happy times. Just like this quilt wouldn't have been the same without the black, our lives must also have sad and hard times in it to make it beautiful. I don't go looking for these times, they just come. But with every trial, every sad time, every challenge and hard thing I have to endure, it has shaped me to be a better person, someone who is able to understand a little better, be a better friend, love a little more. Then when the good times, the happy times, come along, they are a little better. We can not be successful in anything without the struggles that make us who we are. We need both to complete us, to grow into the person we are meant to be.



But I also believe we all need that little ray of sunshine in our lives. We are better if we have it totally around us, surrounding every thought and action. We will be happier when we see life as half full instead of half empty. This little ray of sunshine that surrounds us, as this yellow border surrounds the main pattern, can keep us going when life gets hard. And we all know at some point and time it will, usually multiple times. When we strive to see the good, we will.
May you have Sunshine shinning on you each and every day, but especially when things are not going they way you planned, and are just tough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forever Strong

Smallest of Changes

Success Begins with that First Step