Don't Forget to Pray

This summer has been a hard one. In fact, the last year, starting with Hurricane Florence last year, has been the hardest year for me. It just seems that one thing after another kept happening. Not big things, mostly little things, but like that pebble that gets in your shoe and hurts so much, that's been my last year. But not all has gone wrong. Because I have seen the Lords hand working in my life. I have been able to spend a lot of time with my grandma and with my parents. Also I have had plenty of opportunities to spend with my 2 granddaughters, along with my 5 kids and son-in-law and my wonderful husband. Plus spending time with other family members, I have been blessed.  Even with all that I have been blessed with I have still felt the weight of different challenges from the past year.


I have found when I feel weighed down I can feel peace in my sewing room. It's not a huge room, but it's mine. When I sit down at my sewing machine, I can see things clearly. I am able to figure things out. This is by far not the only thing that brings me solace, but it is where I go to find peace a lot. 
A few weeks ago at church I worked with the Primary kids learning the song 'Don't Forget to Pray'. We talked about why we pray and about listening for answers, then trusting in the answers we get. I normally don't have a big issue with this. But this past year I have had several things going on in my life that have involved a lot of prayer. My answer has always been, 'It will work out'. I have been trying to remember this and follow through with trust that it will. But, the Monday after we worked on this song, I was especially stressed. Wondering how I would be successful in doing my part in this area. I had several plans in place, working every angle I could imagine. But I wasn't feeling very successful. In fact, I was feeling very discouraged. So, after my shower and everyone was ready for bed, I went out to my sewing room to ponder my feelings and pray for inspiration. Feeling very discouraged I turned on Pandora and the first song that started playing was 'Did You Think to Pray'. At that moment, I heard the words, 'I told you it will work out. What did you tell the kids just yesterday? I have it under control. It will work out'. It was then that I quit praying to know HOW it would work out but for inspiration on what He would have me do. When I made this change in how I addressed my Heavenly Father, I felt peace, continual peace. Even though I had no idea how it would work out, I did not worry any longer about this particular thing. But I still didn't know how the rest of my concerns would work out. It didn't take long and it was clear to me the answer to this also. It was not what I wanted to happen. But looking back I see where I had promptings of what would come to pass, but I was in denial because it wasn't what I wanted. The solution has not totally come to pass, but it will soon and I will be forever grateful for the time I had with my grandma. She is 95 and will be returning home very soon. The time of helping with my grandma will be freed up so I can devote my time in a different direction, with my son. I wish I could change the outcome, but I know our Heavenly Father knows best and will guide us where we need to go. He knows what we need and when we need it. He knows the outcome before we know the question. And all we need to do is listen to what He is telling us. And sometimes just trusting that He really does have control of all is going on.
So the next time you are uncertain of what to do, clear your mind and ask instead, how do I move forward. And pray for strength to carry on.



Grandma is now in a better place, with family and friends, young, and not hurting anymore. Till we meet again grandma. I love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forever Strong

Smallest of Changes

Success Begins with that First Step